Wednesday, December 5, 2012

25 Days of Christmas: Day 5

12.5.12
Ah, Day 5. A colder day in the 30s, but a bright, sunny sky. An orange disco ball to add to our tiny tree and a couple of candy canes. Today also marked mailing off our holiday cards. I feel behind this year (usually I send them off around Thanksgiving). It's already been a long week so we decided to take a night off from cooking. We went out for sushi instead and had nice hot bowls of ramen and a crab roll for the youngest and a spinach roll for me. Yum. The hubs also put up the Christmas lights. I love the twinkling of those lights and so does my youngest. He decided to cuddle up in front of the tree before heading upstairs for bed and said that a lot of kids in his class don't believe in Santa. I asked him what he thought and he said that he still believes. That warmed my heart. Nothing wrong with viewing the holidays with magic and wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment