Saturday, December 1, 2012

25 Days of Christmas: Day 1

12.1.12
I was inspired by a post of beautiful images I saw on Pinterest entitled the "25 days of Christmas photos" and decided to try it out this year.  My daughter also encouraged me to think about choosing a different advent calendar this year (as opposed to the one I typically buy with the stale chocolates inside). So, last night I was in Target planning on buying an already constructed wooden calendar, but realized the compartments were way too tiny. So, after wandering around for awhile, I bought a little tinsel tree, some ornaments, candy canes and dark chocolates (my favorite) plus green envelopes (inspired by a co-worker who saw an advent calendar made out of envelopes). So, envelopes stuffed with little goodies on a disco tinsel tree? Yup, that's our advent calendar for this year. Check out our 1st Day of Christmas......I'm not sure if this photo project is going beyond today, but we shall see.... 



Day 1's ornament: why, a disco ball, of course!


We've had this guy for around 11 years, still looking good Mr. Snowman!

1 comment: